Advertisement

Gwyneth Paltrow Opens Up About Chris Martin Split: 'I Really Don't Come from a Culture of Divorce at All'


After more than a year since their "conscious uncoupling," both Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow continue to be candid and forthright about their divorce.

While speaking at a Pearl xChange Q&A hosted by Nicole Richie Sunday in Los Angeles, Paltrow became especially honest when an audience member asked what in her life didn't turn out the way she planned.

"My marriage," Paltrow, 43, simply replied, according to the New York Daily News. "I am from a tribe of people who stay married. My parents stayed married until my dad died."

Her parents, filmmaker Bruce Paltrow and actress Blythe Danner, got married in 1969 and remained together until Bruce died of complications from cancer in 2002.

"I really don't come from a culture of divorce at all, and I had very high hopes for what my life could be," she admitted, noting that most of her family and close friends are in long-term marriages.

Paltrow also touched on how the decision to separate from Martin after 10 years of marriage was especially hard when it came to thinking about their two children together.

"I think that it was very difficult for me that I couldn't do that and that I wasn't able to be married to the father of my children for the rest of my life," she said. "It was very challenging for me in terms of having to re-assess what that said about me, ideas that I had about that kind of failure."

Since their divorce, Paltrow and Martin have maintained a close relationship. They have spent holidays together and even continue to go on vacations as a family. In September, Paltrow celebrated her 43rd birthday with Martin and their children, attending a Coldplay concert and meeting for brunch in New York's East Village.

The exes' amicable relationship is something Paltrow values and appreciates.

"Luckily my ex-husband is an incredibly good ex-husband and an amazing dad," said Paltrow, who has been dating producer Scream Queens producer Brad Falchuk.

Martin opened up about his recent ups and downs just days earlier while appearing on an Australian radio show.

Source - People.Com                   Article By - JODI GUGLIELMI

Post a Comment

0 Comments

×